Monday, February 27, 2012

SWA #15: Research of My Three Issues


United States and Iran Relations and the Potential for War
I found it to be decently easy to find general information about our situation with Iran right now. This included finding a lot of information about Iran’s current state of nuclear proliferation, the conditions and effects of our current sanctions on our nation, as well as past events where the two nations have quarreled. I mostly found information by searching the two nations names with keywords such as “sanctions” or “relations” to find my information. Right now I feel as if this topic is my third choice.
Property Rights and the Government’s Right to Intrusion
I tried to search for a few topics relating to government intrusion on private property, however the topic that was most easy to find was government bans on smoking in restaurants and private businesses. Therefore, I mostly researched on this issue; I actually found a good number of sources that seemed to be opinionated on both sides that speak for or against these smoking laws. I tried to look at this issue on a more local level by looking up information about these laws in South Carolina, however there was not much information on it. Right now I put this topic as my second choice.
Due Process vs. National Safety
All of my research on this topic revolved around the National Defense Authorization Act, an act that allows the United States to detain American citizens, without a trial, for an inconclusive amount of time if they’re suspected of being a terrorist. I focused primarily on this issue for it has been very recently in the news and there are people who are very opinionated about it on both sides. I had a pretty easy time finding opinionated sources on both sides of the issue while researching. This topic is definitely my first choice right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment